Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What would Hemingway write?

This morning, I was working on the edits for the haunted houses book. The part I am editing is not so scary for me to work on anymore. Actually, I've started feeling curious about what OTHER stories there are out there about haunted houses in the U.S.

I am currently working on the haunted houses located in Florida (and I'll be finishing that part up today). I came across the report of hauntings going on at the Ernest Hemingway house, located in Key West. Not surprisingly, it is haunted by Hemingway's ghost. (A shudder ran down my spine as I read about people seeing his ghost waving from a window. Could you imagine even SEEING that??) I once joked about how Hemingway's ghost might come back to edit any material a writer could be working on should any writers live in his house, but it seems the old man has his OWN work going on. Apparently, people have heard the sound of a typewriter going after the house has closed for the day. (It's a tourist attraction.)

Now that gave me pause. "I wonder what he's writing?" I wondered aloud. Then I laughed and said, once again out loud, "Seriously! I have to know!"

Now I'm tempted to jump on a plane, fly out there and sneak a sheet of paper into the typewariter! LOL

I'm really curious about just WHAT exactly Hemingway would be writing, should he be writing today. And to write while in the afterlife!! What things he must have to write about....

Later, I kept thinking about why I even said something like that out loud. Why didn't I just think it instead? Well, maybe I'm hoping a ghost will drop me a note or two somehow or another to let me know. Or maybe I'm sending out an invitation for Hemingway's ghost to pay me a visit and share some of his WIP!

Yeah, yeah. I KNOW we writers don't like sharing our stuff until it's ready to be shared. Still, what I would give if I could just have one peek.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I suppose you could go out of body and ask him....

    :-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home