Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Monday, May 05, 2008

Update time!

Time for an update with the book projects!

I'm on the LAST CHAPTER of the haunted houses book. Yay! I've got the appendix to edit, another appendix to write up and IT. IS. DONE. Holy crap. Four years invested in that book. WOW. I can't believe it's practically finished!

With the MG book, I'm handing it out to some beta readers. I've tinkered with the second draft a bit (found a few inconsistencies) and just waiting to hear what the betas have to say. I've already got Book Two going in my head! EEK! I better write it all down before I can officially start writing it. At least when I query the agents, I can safely say, "There are 12 books in this series and I've already started the second one."

The essay collection is still in beta mode.

The new writing book is coming along in bits and pieces. It's not moving as fast as I had hoped, but since I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put it all together, anyway, I'm not going to complain. (Yet.)

The poetry collection is once again in purgatory. Sigh. First I go months without hearing anything, then I get a "yes" then the publisher disappears again! Cripes. I'm thinking of emailing her another follow-up to get a status check, or something.

So that's what's going on with the books. Still shopping around some other manuscripts. Going to make some changes to a novel and jotting down ideas for MORE books. I'm also putting together ANOTHER poetry collection but that one won't be on the table for a while.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home