Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Monday, March 24, 2008

Revision blues

This week, I am "putting on the heavy" to get some current book projects done. Book One of the middle grade series is ALMOST FINISHED! Just 7 more chapters to go. There's only a few more chapters to write for the haunted houses book. (Woo-hoo!!) AND! I'm also hoping to wrap up the edits of the essay collection.

Yet it seems that project right there has met quite a hurdle today.

I tried tackling an essay that I've been "working on" in my head for several days. I tried to figure out how to "fix" it. It's just one of those essays I had to toss out and write a brand new draft for.

But the problem is, I'm writing one draft of it after another after another.
In fact, as I write this blog post, I'm thinking of YET ANOTHER change to make to it! ARGH!!

And that will make it the fourth draft. Sigh.

My daughter is on Spring Break this week. Up until Thursday, she doesn't have a bedtime. Naturally, she's enjoying her freedom. She's also looking forward to extra time to play her computer game. She's SO ANXIOUS to start playing it today....

That is, if her mommy EVER finishes working on her essay and decides to leave the computer alone for once.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 6:24 AM , Blogger Jana B said...

    You're sharing your computer with a child on spring break, AND trying to get writing done??? LOL This should be interesting!

     
  • At 3:05 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    LOL After I posted that blog, she pretty much accepted I have DIBS on it most of the time. She still got to enjoy her game every once in a while. :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home