Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Friday, May 30, 2008

Busy week, busier weekend

This week has been one of those weeks where there was one thing after another after another. My calendar actually had all these appointments scribbled in for practically every day of the week! (I had to reschedule one of them because, since Jennifer had to miss school on Tuesday because she was sick and Wednesday due to our trip to Portland, I didn't want her to miss any MORE school.) I didn't get much sleep, I was cranky a lot (falling asleep while feeding the baby -- haha!) and barely got enough to eat because of all the running around.

I also didn't have much time to write.

Most of the writing I did was blog stuff. That's about it. I only posted those blogs if I felt I really NEEDED to or to bump a blog post or two down. (Or to freaking even UPDATE the darn thing! Like with this one. LOL) But not much work on my new writing book.... Heck, not ANY work! At all. I got a TINY BIT of work done with the haunted houses book. (And frustrated because it wasn't as much as I had hoped. I kept falling asleep at the computer.) I also fell behind on answering emails. As it is, a student at a school for the deaf has been trying to get answers to some interview questions, and every time I sit down to try and answer her questions, I have to get back up again!

Now the weekend is almost here. FINALLY! And even though we've got stuff planned for the weekend, I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need to fit in time to work on the books. That is a MUST. Got a book proposal to get together and send off, some beta readers to hunt down for my MG manuscript, more agents to query and an appendix to finish editing. (As scary as this appendix is, I MUST finish editing it! Maybe I should just tell myself this stuff is fiction and it won't scare me so much....If anything, it'll keep me awake at the computer! LOL) And even MORE work to get done besides all that, which I'll be tackling next week.

So, this weekend, I'm going to get caught up on stuff I couldn't work on during the week. And hopefully answer all of those emails.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home