Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Monday, January 21, 2008

Blog mention!

I got mentioned in someone's blog!

I sent an email to my friend, Carolyn Howard-Johnson, author of books such as The Frugal Book Promoter: How to Do What Your Publisher Won't and the wonderful poetry collection, Tracings. I wrote to her because I was stumped about something. Previously, I'd posted a poem on deviantART for critique. Someone pointed out how he/she wasn't sure if "abuse/truce" could be used as a rhyme. My thinking was that the pronunciation differences determined whether or not they could be used as a rhyme, and not so much how they were spelled. So I contacted Carolyn, poet extraordinaire, about this and she responded with her feedback. She asked for permission to include this in her newsletter and I said, "Sure. I'm interested in seeing further discussion on this, anyway." So I read her newsletter and started making notes on another thing I wanted to comment on when I e-mailed her my thanks. When I got to the part where she talked about my poetry dilemma, I was surprised to see that not only had she mentioned it in her newsletter, but on her blog, as well.

SWEET!!

Thank you so much, Carolyn!! You made my day!

If you wanna have a look, check it out here: http://www.sharingwithwriters.blogspot.com/

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:26 PM , Blogger Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

    Oh, wow! One good turn deserves another. Guess that's what true great networking is all about. Sharing the love. Thank you, Dawn. Your blog has a very nice look, too!

    Best,
    Carolyn Howard-Johnson
    www.howtodoitfrugally.com

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    You're welcome, Carolyn. And thank YOU! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home