Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Monday, December 10, 2007

I have met the enemy and the enemy is me

So my editor recently said "why don't you make your antagonist a certain way"? I won't get into the details about what that "certain way" is (you'll have to READ THE BOOK to find out! ;) ), but her request left me stumped. HOW was I gonna do it??

I thought good and hard on this for a while. Just how would I make my character have this sort of..."thing" going on with him?

Then as I was sorting through the laundry the other day and thinking about someone's blog post I'd read, and something I'd said in my comment, it struck me. I had that "ah-ha!" moment.

What I'd said in my comment was something along the lines of how I once did something, too. Then I started thinking more on that....adding two and two and THAT led to me figuring out a solution! Just how I was going to fix just ONE part of my antagonist that the editor and I have been working on! SWEET!

It's kind of eerie, though...That once upon a time, I used to be a "certain way" with people. But, it's all good. You know? On one hand, I'm not like that any more. And on the other...it's all grist for the story mill.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home