Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Sunday, July 31, 2022

Finding Strength Through Our Faith: Meditating Heart Offers Christian Poems of Faith and Devotion

Several years ago, I met a woman named Joy. True to her name, she brought joy into my life. Joy lived next door to my grandmother (in Indio, California), and I often visited with her. Since we both wrote poetry, we often shared our poems with each other. Joy wrote beautiful verse, and I was inspired by her enduring faith as a Christian. (At this time in my life, I was a Christian too.) Joy gave me a blank journal and encouraged me to write more poetry in it. I did so – and all of the poems were religious poems. 
 
Sadly, I lost touch with Joy after we moved away and I don’t know what ever happened to her. Yet her presence in my life always touched my heart and I never forgot her. I still have that journal of poems. 
 
Because Joy had such a profound impact in my life, I decided that one day, I would get these poems published as my tribute to her and her faith. 
 
It turned out that the poems did eventually get published, and I saw to it to make that happen. I self-published the poems as an ebook, which I titled Meditating Heart. The title comes from a Bible verse I came across from my daily Bible reading. (The verse is included at the front of the book.) I thought it was a fitting title, since all of the poems came from my heart. Meditating Heart is a free ebook available from Smashwords. 
 
Here is the book’s blurb: 
 
“Take some time to reflect and renew your faith with Christian poetry. Meditating Heart shares poems of devotion, faith and guidance to God and how turning to the Lord can help in troubled times. As we grapple with so much struggle, fear, worry, confusion and pain in this world, our faith can be shaken to the core. We may lose hope or we may start to doubt our faith. Meditating Heart contains poetry and musings which will help you find solace in your faith and renew your closeness to God.” 
 
You can download a free electronic copy of this ebook here

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home