Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Better Mental Health the Natural Way – New Ebook Offers Tips on 10 Ways to Improve Your Mental Health

 

I am very interested in natural medicine. When I was growing up, my dad was often sharing with me his knowledge about herbal remedies to cure certain ailments. My mom also used herbal and natural remedies. Even so, because my mother and I were both in a car accident, which resulted in her losing half of her left leg and me being burned, and then I lost my hearing due to meningitis at 13, we both knew Western medicine very well. We saw doctors, took medications, took antibiotics, were in hospitals, had surgeries, have had trips to the ER, and even received inoculations.

 

But when it came to natural medicine, we always turned to it if it helped us.

 

Even so, I wanted to look for ways beyond herbal medicine to improve health. Ways that didn’t involve ingesting plants or taking pills or applying salves.

 

I found those ways when I was much older and made some major health changes to my life. 

 

I smoked for a very brief time in the past, but I have been smoke-free for 20+ years. I used to be an alcoholic, and thankfully, I will be sober in five years this October. Getting sober made me think that it was time to take better care of my health, using natural remedies outside of herbal medicine. I got nothing against herbal medicine, but I strongly feel that making the right lifestyle choices can greatly improve our health. Especially our mental health.

 

As far as mental health issues are concerned, I am no stranger to the struggles. I have had depression for a long time, as well as anxiety attacks and panic disorder. I have worked with people who have mental health issues. Both of my kids also have mental health issues. So I know a thing or two about it. I have also spent many years doing research on the best methods for treating mental health – outside of doctors, pills and therapies. I wanted to know what natural methods a person could use to help improve their mental health problems – or, at least, alleviate the symptoms.

 

The result was my new ebook, 10 Ways to Boost Your Mental Health. This book is the result of all of that research I have done. It’s the result of all the studies and reports which I read supporting the book’s material. I know there are probably more than 10 ways to boost your mental health, but I wanted to keep this list short. Also, I’m not a doctor or therapist, so I am not an authority on this subject. That said, ten felt like a safe number to go with.

 

As it stands, I have seen firsthand how these methods have helped other people with mental health issues. They have helped me too. I use some of them a lot. I am not cured of my mental health issues, but these routines definitely help me get back to baseline and also prevent worse case scenario thinking.

 

Ultimately, they are a source of help to turn to when things get bad. They often do, and these methods help. (Forest bathing is in this book, but I call it “nature therapy” because it does help a lot.)

 

I hope that these routines will help readers in the same way they have helped me and other people I crossed paths with. They are not meant to be cures, but they can definitely help. The best part is that most all of them are free to use at any time, during any season and without needing to replenish a supply.

 

Here is the blurb for this book:

 

Do you feel like there is just too much chaos to get through your day? Does it feel like you have no way out of an oversensitized environment? This ebook shares tips and tricks to help you destress and find a sense of inner peace. Every single day, we are exposed to things that can tear us down. From depressing and horrific events, scary news stories, doomscrolling on social media and dealing with unpleasant and even violent people, our mental health takes a lot of abuse as we try to make it through yet another day. In 10 Ways to Boost Your Mental Health, you'll find 10 easy, free and rejuvenating activities you can do to help you feel just a little bit better despite all of the bad things in life. We can't make the negative things we are exposed to go away, but we CAN do things to protect our mental health and try to keep our sanity in this chaotic world.

 

The book is available free through Smashwords.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home