Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Saturday, April 30, 2022

Ghost Stories for Mother’s Day and Father’s Day: The GHOST Group Three Provides Tales of Young Ghosthunters on the Case!

 

IT’S BACK!!!!

 

Guess what I went and did? I brought my middle-grade paranormal mystery series back to life!

 

That’s right. After being on hiatus for almost 10 years, this series of young paranormal investigator stories written just for kids is back in the game!

 

And the GHOST Group is better than ever!

 

The GHOST Group, Book Three: The Ghosts of Calliope the Cat and The Fiery Viking, contains the fifth and sixth stories in this 12-story series. Each story includes a holiday for each month of the year – although I am not entirely certain if Friendship Day (for August) counts as a holiday. Even so, you’ll find ghost stories related to the theme of a holiday in some form or another!

 

This time around, however, the story I wrote for Mother’s Day doesn’t have a ghostly mother-and-child relationship going on. More of a mother-and-furbaby!

 

When I was working on the book, BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL: How We Survive as Writing Parents, I got a lot of emails from pet parents asking if they could be included in the book. Sadly, I had to turn them down. However, that has always stuck with me. I used to be a pet parent myself (my dog was my WORLD!) so I know and can understand just how important that bond is with our furbabies. (And these days, I am a pet grandparent! LOL)

 

So, to honor this bond, I decided that, for the Mother’s Day ghost story, the ghosts included would be a pet parent and their furbaby! In this case, a woman who is the pet parent of an adorable and devoted kitty cat named Calliope!

For the Father’s Day ghost story, one thing I have noticed as a writer of haunted locations (for other books) is that a common paranormal event would occur when a house or restaurant is renovated or changed in a major way. Usually, the activity that flares up is not altogether pleasant! I thought I would spotlight this trend in the GHOST Group Book Three, in which you’ll find a story of how a son who inherits his deceased father’s restaurant begins experiencing negative activity after renovations begin.

 

I had fun writing, rewriting and editing to death these stories (ha!) and I am thrilled to be back to work on The GHOST Group!

 

Thank you to my publisher, Gypsy Shadow Publishing, for not only supporting this effort to get the remaining GHOST Group stories out there, and thank you also to Manon Daniels for creating amazing cover art for these books! Thank you, Denise Bartlett and Charlotte Holley – the muscle behind the magic at Gypsy Shadow – for all of your hard work and tireless efforts!

 

And thanks to those of you who have shared about the book and shown support!

 

Here is information about the book. I hope you enjoy reading it!

 

There's something different about Sarah Town. It's brimming with ghosts-and some of those ghosts need help! That's where the GHOST Group comes in-the Ghost Helpers of Sarah Town. The GHOST Group is made up of five 11-year-old team members: Jesse, Jenny, Ryan, Trent, and Cassie.

 

The Ghost of Calliope the Cat is one of Sarah Town's most famous ghosts, and everyone is used to seeing her at one location. But what happens when Calliope appears in two different places? What does it mean when the famous ghost cat all of a sudden makes unusual appearances to members of the GHOST Group?

 

The Ghost of the Fiery Viking has the young paranormal investigators checking out a haunted hotspot in Sarah Town. The Fiery Viking is a haunted restaurant with a ghost that suddenly starts acting violent, and it's up to the GHOST Group to find out what's causing the dangerous activity.

 

AVAILABLE HERE:

 

Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Kobo

ScribD

Smashwords

 

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home