Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Sunday, February 05, 2012

My 7 Links

Thank you to Lillie Ammann at A Writer's Words, an Editor's Eye for nominating me to participate in the My 7 Links challenge. The purpose of the challenge is to create a bank of posts from the past that deserve to be seen again.
Link

My Most Beautiful Post

Fathers in Fiction
Link
I spent some time researching this one before I posted it but that time was worth it. I felt this was a nice tribute to fictional fathers. It was hard for me to find an article about a fictional dad that could only be found in BOOKS, not TV shows, so I wanted to put something like this out there for Father's Day.


My Most Popular Post

Please vote for your favorite pic!

This one got quite a lot of votes. Thanks to everyone who participated!

Link
My Most Controversial Post

It’s a Free Country – Except in Publishing

I did not get any comments here, but offline I came across people commenting on this issue A LOT. It was interesting to read what others thought about this.


My Most Helpful Post

How I survived the HARO deluge

Once again, another blog post that got responses that were not on the blog. This method helped me out a lot. Recently, Peter Shankman wanted HARO subscribers to send in their tips on how to use HARO but unfortunately I chickened out. I just didn't feel that sending him this link would make much of a difference because it was probably a repeat of what everybody else said.

Link
A Post Whose Success Surprised Me

You, you, you, and, yes, even YOU!

This one got 15 comments -- the most I have on any other blog post!!


A Post That Didn’t Get the Attention I Feel It Deserved
Link
Top 10 signs you're in the zone during novel revisions

This was something I just wrote in fun. Kinda forgot to mention how I stopped at a stoplight that was green, not red. LOL I wrote this just for laughs and I think a lot of fiction writers could relate to this.


The Post I’m Most Proud Of

Thank you, Girl Scout Troop #2056!

I will be forever grateful to these special young ladies who did something wonderful with my poem. They will always have a place in my heart. This is one experience of my writing career I will always cherish. (I have one of those bookmarks on my wall, by the way.)



The second part of the challenge is to nominate up to five other bloggers to share their 7 links. Of course, these lovely ladies are not obligated to do the meme on their blogs, as well. I'm just nominating them because they are the ones who come to mind.

Jenn Greenleaf: Wearer of Many Hats
LinkLink
Colby Marshall at Spittin' (out words) Like a Llama

Tara McClendon at Eye Feathers


Beth Bartlett at The Writing World of Beth Bartlett

Angela Benedetti at Angie's Desk

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

  • At 11:00 AM , Blogger colbymarshall said...

    Cool- thanks for nominating me! I'll be back to read these and post my own!

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    Awesome! Thank you for nominating me - I'll have to look at what I want to post later. :)

     
  • At 2:31 PM , Anonymous Tara McClendon said...

    Thanks for the shout out. My blog has been ultra quiet due to my decision to become an English teacher. I'm so far under water with everything that it may be months before I fight free to the surface. I love this idea, and I'll be sure to let you know when I follow through with it! Cheers.

     
  • At 6:44 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Colby: You're welcome. And thank you. :) I will do the same for you.

     
  • At 6:45 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Jenn: You're welcome. :) And no problem. Take your time.

     
  • At 6:46 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Tara: You're welcome. :) I have noticed that about your blog. No rush on this. Anytime is fine. Good luck with the teaching.

     
  • At 4:49 PM , Anonymous Lillie Ammann said...

    Thanks for taking up the challenge, Dawn. I enjoyed reading the posts you highlighted. Some I remembered and a couple I didn't. I liked the top 10. :-)

     
  • At 10:57 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    You're welcome. Lillie. And thank you! I have been very busy with my SIGNews assignments but now that they are submitted, I will get back to this and try to get caught up on your blog posts as well as other bloggers. Take care.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home