Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Saturday, December 27, 2008

You'll write it and like it!

I thought I was going to take a break from the WIP. Do some research, talk with some screenwriters, maybe take my own crappy script through a critique session.

But I CAN'T stop writing this book. I CAN'T!! The words are pouring out and there's no holding them back. I don't know how, but in some way or another, I am writing these chapters for the screenwriting section of the book! My muse pretty much whacked me with a 2x4 and sneered, "Oh, you missed something in your last chapter. Boo-hoo. Get it in there and keep going!"

So that's what I'm doing! I'm just...going to keep going. I'm doing the research like crazy. Reading EVERYTHING I can find that has to do with scriptwriting and the topics covered in my book. I am constantly on the hunt for more screenwriter blogs to read, just so I can learn from them. All this while writing the chapters that I need to write.

And even if I'm not happy with the chapters, I KNOW I can fix them later. I have given myself until the end of February to finalize the manuscript. I'm sure I can get enough done in time to feel confident about the screenwriting section. I'm still set on getting my own script critiqued, though. Maybe doing THOSE revisions will help me identify with my chapters better. Since it IS a book about making revisions!

Well, anyway. No more whining. No more doubting. No more complaining. Onward and upward!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home