Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Friday, December 26, 2008

Roadblock in the WIP

So I was getting the research in for the next chapter of my book. For the SCRIPTWRITING SECTION. *cue scary music* I got the bright idea to go through with it even though I have practically zippo experience with writing scripts. And I THOUGHT some research on the topics would be enough. I THOUGHT I did a good job with the first chapter in this section.

But, you know what? I didn't. I did an insufficient job, because I realized in my research today that I left out some stuff in the chapter I just wrote. In other words, I didn't cover everything. And I probably sound like some hack because of it!

GAH!!

I don't know what the h*** I'm doing.

I have to figure out how to get these chapters written. I don't know what to do! I know I DON'T want to have a co-author on this. I've come too far for that. And I'm already set on it. I have thought of getting consultation from a scriptwriter, but it won't look professional because I have to put all of those pointers into my own words. And my own words just won't hold enough water.

Maybe I can make a SUPER-SHORT commentary on the topic and let the pros take over with their quotes, their interviews and book excerpts. Maybe that will work.

Seriously, I debated taking this whole section out. Not because it's hard to write, but because I haven't exactly "been there, done that" with scriptwriting. AT ALL. Everything else discussed in this book, YES. Writing novels? Got it. Articles? Yup. Poems, songs, nonfiction books? Check, check, check. But....not scriptwriting.

Sigh.

Maybe that will change someday. But right now, I have this section of the book to write. I have this dilemma to solve.

And, hopefully, I will solve it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home