Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Thursday, December 18, 2008

My brain is fried

What does it look like when a brain is waving a white flag?

That's what I started to wonder as I said "my brain is waving a white flag" today. Seriously, my brain is fried from all the writing I have done today. I have written up 3 chapters so far and I'm debating if I have the strength to do one more. (Heck, when I was doing NaNoWriMo, the most I ever wrote was 5 chapters in a day.) I have also had to deal with a couple of episodes of bad headaches. My editor thinks it's because of a change of weather. I think it's from working on this computer so gosh darn much to finish my book!

I am not under a deadline to finish it, but I am trying to put together a query. And the publisher I'm querying wants a word count. So, I need to type up chapters previously left in my notebook, write up some extra chapters just so that I can be on the LAST SECTION of the book when I fire off my query, and basically do some touching up here and there. (That has pretty much been limited to changing chapter titles.)

Despite that, though, I made a deadline for myself to meet as far as wrapping up the first draft goes. I'd LIKE to get it done by the end of the month. With 13 chapters still to go, that may yet happen if I keep up with writing multiple chapters in one day. I am hopeful it will happen.

Still, I'm being reminded of that time I had to go on an editing spree with a 500+ page manuscript for my publisher. Got the headaches, the stiffness, the lack of sleep and the neverending sit-in at the computer going, just like that time. Wonder how long it'll be before my eyes start to glaze over.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home