Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Thursday, September 01, 2022

Hey, Writers! Want Some Freebies? Check Out This New Ebook!

 

Freebies for writers are all over the Internet. I always thought it would be nice to have a good chunk of them all in one place.

 

That’s when I realized, why not do that?

 

Not only did this idea strike, but it developed into an idea for a new free ebook for the month of August.

 

And I ran with it! I sort of needed a new idea for a free ebook, and since my audience for my newsletter, where I provide the link to my monthly free ebooks, are mostly writers (if not all of them), I realized this particular idea MUST happen!

 

And that’s how my idea for such a book was turned into Free Stuff For Writers. I tried to include all the essentials: Word processing tools, blogging tools, vocabulary tools, writing tools as well as free newsletters for writers. But as I did research for this book and explored the MANY free tools for writers that are out there on the World Wide Web, I discovered there was so much more freebies for writers this book could offer!

 

Some of the tools included in this ebook were also sent directly to me from app developers, staff at schools and universities, as well as students who found such tools to be useful. Mostly they hoped I would include them on my old dmcwriter site, but that site is no longer active. I cannot add anything to it anymore. I felt terrible having to break this news to them, but after I got the idea for this book, I was delighted by the prospect of sharing this wonderful creation of theirs with the world in this ebook. And when I informed one such person of this option, she replied with excitement as well. So I guess it's a good thing!

 

That said, I will likely get more emails from people sharing their favorite writing or research tools. And I welcome them! In fact, there’s an invitation at the end of the book requesting such emails. So, if you happen to have your own favorite writing or research tool, send it along! Or post it in the comments. It can be something with a limited free trial period, but I prefer mostly something that is completely free. It must be something which writers, all kinds of writers, can find helpful.

 

I will update the manuscript as needed, when I have more tools to add, and submit the updated version of the manuscript to replace the old one.

 

Meanwhile, please check out Free Stuff For Writers! Hopefully, you will find something helpful for you.

 

Here is the book’s blurb:

 

Free tools and resources for writers are all over the Internet. If you have been hoping to find them all in one place, then look no further! From editing to formatting, grammar and spelling, character names and world building, Free Stuff For Writers is a new ebook that will help writers find the free tools and resources they need. This ebook is full of lists of where to find free courses and workshops, where to score free word processing apps and how you can get your manuscript edited using a free online tool. You’ll also discover free newsletters for writers as well as where to find jobs. Free Stuff For Writers is your answer to “where can I find a GOOD free writing tool on the Internet?” and can help you make sure your work looks professional, edited, and just the way you want it to be!

 

Available free on Amazon through Kindle Unlimited! Go here


Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home