Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Monday, December 31, 2012

Books published in 2012

Today is the last day for the year 2012. I wish I could say it was as prolific as last year as far as selling my writing was concerned, but unfortunately that did not happen. I had two gigs this year – ghost writing and editing – and both of them were not as lucrative as the many sales and gigs as I had last year. And, in fact, they became the two gigs I said goodbye to forever this year.

That’s right: I have said goodbye forever to ghostwriting and manuscript editing. They are just not right for me after all. I am grateful for the experiences and I am glad I can say that at least I gave them a go.

There was something else I had to say goodbye forever to this year, though in this case, it was not something I wanted to say goodbye to: The deaf/HOH newspaper I was writing for, SIGNews. I was heartbroken when SIGNews shut down. But then again, I guess I should not be surprised it happened. A lot of newspapers have shut down this year, as well. I only wish they kept SIGNews as a digital newspaper, as many other newspapers have decided to do. That particular writing gig was near and dear to me. It was more like a job than just a “gig.” Even still, SIGNews is a newspaper that has been sorely missed.

All the same, I had a good “book” year this year. And I noticed it was interesting how many of my books this year sort of fell under the theme of "the year of 2."

This year, I finished revising two novels: Books One and Two of The GHOST Group series. The first has been submitted to my publisher and the second is scheduled to head on out next month.

This year, I co-wrote two poetry books with my daughter, Jennifer Wilson. The first one is DOGS FOREVER: Poems for the Dog Person. The second one is a short collection of poems about mythological creatures. (My daughter LOVES Greek mythology.) The first was published this year:


The second one is with a publisher and we are waiting for a response on it. Jennifer also illustrated both books. (She has been a busy illustrator this year!)

Also on the number 2 theme, I had TWO poetry books published this year. The first is DOGS FOREVER and the second one is Follow That Dream:




I also revised and submitted yet another poetry book, which is with another publisher. I hope it will be my 2013 poetry book.

As a change from the "two" theme, however, I  wrote up three children’s books this year. One of them was already published, A Million Doughnuts:






The second children’s book I wrote is slated for a March submission to my publisher. My daughter has illustrated both books.
 

The third children’s book has not been accepted anywhere as of yet. I did not send it to my publishers because it requires illustrations of the gray wolf, and neither of my illustrators can draw wolves, unfortunately. So I am looking for a publisher who has an artist on staff who can illustrate wolves.
 

Finally, there are two other things that happened this year that are not exactly a “two” but they are still two things.

My nonfiction charity ebook, On the Wings of Pink Angels: Triumph, Struggle and Courage Against Breast Cancer was published this year:



As was my e-story, The Perfect Christmas:



I did not have two nonfiction books come out this year, but with the status of a couple of nonfiction manuscripts right now, that may happen in 2013. I hope the same can be said of two short stories! 



Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 1:45 AM , Blogger dragongirl said...

    COOL!!! And also, I think you forgot to mention that I illostrated A Million Donuts! :)

     
  • At 12:23 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Thanks for reading and commenting, Jen. :) I actually did remember to mention it here:

    As a change from the "two" theme, however, I wrote up three children’s books this year. One of them was already published, A Million Doughnuts...

    The second children’s book I wrote is slated for a March submission to my publisher. My daughter has illustrated both books.


    That second one is the upcycling book. Thank you!! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home