Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Monday, October 01, 2012

Forthcoming ebook written in honor of NBCAM


It’s October! And aside from Halloween, October means something else: It’s National Breast Cancer Awareness Month! To support the occasion, my breast cancer anthology (well, it’s half anthology and half stuff that I wrote), will be published as an ebook by Gypsy Shadow Publishing! The ebook is called On the Wings of Pink Angels: Triumph, Struggle and Courage Against Breast Cancer. It contains stories from breast cancer survivors, interviews with people whose family have been affected by breast cancer, interviews with business professionals supporting the cause and information about breast cancer.

I am very excited about the upcoming release of this ebook. It started out as a labor of love; I ran a breast cancer series on my Palms to Pines blog in 2009 and, ever since, wanted to turn it into an ebook that would benefit a charity. Now, three years later, that will happen. When I found out that Gypsy Shadow Publishing, my publisher of The Yellow Rose and two other books, was going to start up an imprint of books for charity, I asked if it was possible I could turn my blog series into a manuscript and submit it to them. They said yes and I got busy putting it all together. Thank you to Denise Bartlett and Charlotte Holley for supporting and publishing this project! All royalties I receive from sales of this ebook will go to Courageous Kids, a nonprofit organization that helps kids cope with the loss of a loved one (mother, father, grandparent, etc.).

It seems like every October, I’m all about National Breast Cancer Awareness Month or Halloween. This year, it’s NBCAM. Next year, it’ll be Halloween, as I hope to have my horror novel out by then.

Maybe one of these years, it’ll be about both!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home