Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Thursday, November 15, 2012

My new ebook, On the Wings of Pink Angels

Gypsy Shadow Publishing recently released my new ebook, On the Wings of Pink Angels: Triumph, Struggle and Courage Against Breast Cancer. I am very excited about this ebook because it’s about a topic that is very important to me (breast cancer) and it’s also for charity. All royalties I receive from sales of this ebook will be donated to Courageous Kids.

Thank you to Help A Reporter Out, the ladies at Gypsy Shadow Publishing (Denise Bartlett and Charlotte Holley) and to everyone who took the time to share their stories and answer my interview questions for the material in this ebook.

This ebook is a semi-anthology. Some people who have survived breast cancer or know someone who had breast cancer took the time to write their stories and share them for this ebook. I have also interviewed people affected by breast cancer in some way. Additionally, I wrote “organization spotlights” on charities and organizations who assist anyone diagnosed with breast cancer. There are a couple of breast cancer book reviews, as well as information about businesses that “go pink” every October. Finally, there is also a short story with a character in it who is diagnosed with breast cancer.

This ebook started out as a blog series I ran in 2009 on my blog, Palms to Pines, for National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I am so pleased to see the series turned into an ebook. Not everything from that blog series ended up here (and you can read one such item I kept out here) but the final result is something I’m very happy with. As to the title, while I was working on the manuscript, I noticed that a recurrent image which kept appearing in the stories and projects were angels. This stuck with me and I knew I had to use an angel, or angels, in the title somehow. But they could not just be any angel – they had to be pink angels. Pink, in honor of the pink ribbon symbolizing breast cancer. I also took note of how so many people offered support and encouragement to those suffering from breast cancer, as though they “carried them” along on their journey. Thus, I came up with the title “On the Wings of Pink Angels.”

I hope anyone who reads this book will enjoy it. There is so much in here that inspired me and touched my heart. It’s amazing how something as dreadful as breast cancer can cause so many people to come together and so something good in the face of something bad. I could reread all of these stories and walk away from it feeling just a bit more hopeful for the future of our world, and for the hope that one day we will finally have a cure.




Blurb: 

 "You have cancer." These are words people dread hearing. But when worse comes to worst, push comes to shove, something wonderful happens. More people come together for support and encouragement. More people participate in "Race for the Cure" events, and more people discover an inner strength within themselves that they never knew they had before. On the Wings of Pink Angels offers a gentle hand through this difficult time, sharing stories that inspire hope, strength, gratitude and courage during a time when someone must fight for his or her life against breast cancer. 

Check it out here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home