Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Writing agenda, 2007

Happy New Year!

Instead of taking on new projects for the first part of the year, I am going to focus my energies on wrapping up old ones. Finish books I have not yet completed and fixing up work that has not yet been sent out.

I will also be "clearing out" my inventory of unpublished work, sending things out and querying work I put off querying.

I have grown increasingly frustrated with certain book projects taking a long time to complete. So I will be concentrating on completing them, without the distractions of "new books" and other miscellaneous writing/publishing endeavors.

This will include my ideas for a writing-related homebased business venture. If anything, I have found that my passion lies in writing books. This is my strongest drive as a writer. I am thankful and grateful for my other writing endeavors and experiences, but I really think that 2007 will see me more centered on book-writing projects.

I will continue to write songs and poems. I am also hoping to do SOMETHING with my fantasy script. I am also continuing my "apprenticeship" in art. But these are things which will not be the "bulk" of my work for 2007.

I am looking forward to embarking on my journey as a writer for this new year. And I hope all other writers, authors and editors I know will find 2007 to be just as rewarding for them, as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home