Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Friday, November 10, 2006

Distractions

I promised myself that while I was working on my NaNoWriMo book, I wasn't going to let other stuff distract me. "Other stuff" being certain Web sites and certain book projects, certain articles I have to write/type/edit, and miscellaneous projects. But that "other stuff" has definitely been distracting me lately, and I've REALLY gotta get a handle on it. I have 20 days left to finish my book.

And...five more days until my self-imposed deadline for the novel revisions. (I am hapopy to announce I no longer need to do research for THAT one. Yay!!)

But, yesterday, something else distracted me: Bad news on the family front. It just REALLY stressed me out, and I couldn't write. At all.

But, I am hoping to get back into the swing of things. As of tonight, in fact. Get my 5,000 words before the week is out, at least. Then I'm pulling an all-nighter since I have only ONE free night all to myself this weekend. I am going to take advantage of that and spend it writing my bum off! I can always sleep later...like after the month is over with. Hah!

And, pretty much steer clear of those blasted distractions. But at least I'm getting more manuscripts sent out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home