Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Friday, November 03, 2006

Sick but still writing

Still writing my NaNoWriMo book. Unfortunately, I have come down with something. A bad cough and... my head getting all spacey from time to time. I think I also have a fever. *feels hot forehead*

In any event, I'm still working on the novel. I read blogs today and some fellow NaNo blogs I came across were really encouraging.

Even more encouraging was my word count so far: 2,495! YAY!! Of course, I have to do better than that if I plan to write 50,000 words in the span of 30 days. But, I'm giving it my best shot. Especially while I'm sick: I write in it a little, take a break, then write some more.

And I'm telling myself "quantity, not quality." A mantra repeated on the NaNoWriMo site. I guess that's a good thing, too. Hard to concentrate when your head's on a whole 'nother planet.

Oh, and here's today's comment I had to make about writing this book, which I shared with an online friend: "Writing this book is like living in a 'Legally Blonde' movie. I want to shoot myself." She thought that was funny. I am sooo not kidding. On the first part.

3 Comments:

  • At 11:43 AM , Blogger CHIC-HANDSOME said...

    life just good

     
  • At 1:05 PM , Blogger Millie said...

    lol aww, well congrats on your word count. just keep it going, it will feel so great once you accomplish it.

     
  • At 2:38 PM , Blogger Naturegirl said...

    I heard that you LOVE chocolate! Come by I have lots hurray before I devour it all! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home