Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

New book: A Million Doughnuts







Great Minds Think Aloud Independent Publishing has just released my newest children’s book, A Million Doughnuts. I was inspired to write this story after reading a “doughnut song” my young daughter wrote. I just loved the song so much and wanted to use it in a story. Thank you to my daughter, Jennifer Wilson, for granting me permission to use her song lyrics in this book.



Thank you also to Kitty Bullard, owner and CEO of Great Minds Think Aloud Publishing, for accepting my manuscript and putting together a fabulous cover for this book. Thank you for all of your hard work and extra time to get this book out before Christmas. And especially thank you for your patience during the many times corrections were needed. You’re patience and kindness have been greatly appreciated.  You rock!!



Thanks also to my daughter, Jennifer Wilson, for illustrating this book. She had told me in the past that drawing doughnuts was a real challenge for her, and I’m grateful she stood up to that challenge and conquered it! Way to go, Jennifer! Thank you for your wonderful drawings!



I am very excited to have a second children’s book out. I recently finished typing up my next children’s book, which also includes illustrations by Jennifer. This particular book is slated for a March 2013 submission to Great Minds Think Aloud Publishing. They have been a pleasure to work with and I am grateful that they are willing to publish books that contain illustrations by my young talented daughter.



Electronic review copies of A Million Doughnuts are available upon request.



Here is the blurb for the book:



Rusty loves doughnuts, but it seems like his parents won’t ever let him have a doughnut! One day he wishes for a million doughnuts, and when that wish comes true, Rusty learns that maybe there is too much of a good thing.





Here are links to where you can buy a copy of this book:



Amazon:


















Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home