Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lovely Blog Award

Recently, I held open my dayplanner for one week of March and, showing it to my daughter, I said, “This is why my life is crazy right now!”

She took one look at all that stuff written there and screamed.

They don’t call it “March Madness” for nothing! Yes, I know that has to do with sports, but, for me, March has always been a little bit of crazy.

But it’s a good kind of crazy. I love to stay busy and there has indeed been plenty to keep me busy. So, it’s all good!

The first thing that has come up this month is that I am once again working with Martha Jette on a nonfiction book. It has something to do with UFO/alien abductions. I know, a lot of people shy away from this topic, and even roll their eyes over some of the stories being spread about, but I have always been interested in this kind of thing, so of course I was delighted when Martha asked me to work with her on this book. She already has A LOT of the book written up and I’m looking forward to writing some of the other chapters in the book. Martha and co-author Usko Ahonen have written a majority of the first part of the book. I have been taking the time to read over everything to be brought up to speed on it before I proceed to write some of the other chapters (among them, a chapter about SETI). I love science, I love anything that has to do with outer space, so I’m very excited about this!

Something else came up this month that also gave me an extra reason to smile. In fact, I’ve been smiling quite a lot lately! I am thrilled to announce that I am now an editor with a publishing company. Hooray! They don’t have their “staff page” set up yet (it’s a very new company), but I have had one week on the job so far and LOVING every minute of it! This is my dream job and I am just so thrilled. (I am not their only editor and I do line editing.)

Also this month, I finished the rewrites for Shadow of Samhain. It is now with my trusted readers. I am looking forward to sending it to my publisher next month and I have a feeling she will be happy with this one.

And, finally, I have submitted the first book in the Revisions series this month. Woo-hoo! The publisher likes the manuscript but wants to go over some things first before a contract can be sighed. Stay tuned for more on that book!




Last but not least, the lovely Joleene Naylor has given me the Lovely Blog Award. Thank you, Jo! I feel so honored and grateful for this award.

And now I will give the lovely Jenn Greenleaf the Lovely Blog Award. Congratulations, Jenn! Your friendship and support have been such an inspiration to me for these many years. Stay lovely, my dear.
Link

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home