Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Sunday, March 11, 2012

A bit of juggling

This week has been super-busy. Up until I started doing the ebooks once a month for the "12 ebooks in 12 months" experiment, I didn't think I'd be able to take on much else. I sure had a chance to find out if I was right or not!

I have been juggling quite a few book projects this week. The good news is, I finished two of them today (woo-hoo!) so looks like I'll have a lighter load to carry next week.

But this is why I have not exactly been keeping in touch with people so much, let alone staying on top of email.

The projects I have been working on include:

*The haunted cities book. Mostly, I have been interviewing paranormal investigators for 2 different cities. I might be wrapping up the interviews next week. Once that's done, I gotta start writing!

*Shadow of Samhain, the novel. I have been working on rewrites/revisions/edits for this manuscript. Done!

*Book 3 in The GHOST Group series. Last year, I wrote the rough draft, and now I am tackling the second draft. After I fix up the first draft, then I go back and do the same with Books 2 and 3. But I want to get Book 3 to at least Draft 2 stage before I can move on to fixing up Book 1.

*Ebook for March. This is a collaboration book of dog poems. My daughter Jennifer (age 10) and I are each writing 5 poems for this ebook. Done!

*The fifth book project is another collaboration project. I am once again working with Martha Jette, my co-author of TOTALLY SCARED: The Complete Book on Haunted Houses. We are working together again on yet another "everything you ever wanted to know" kind of book on a controversial and conspiratorial subject. It's pretty interesting stuff! I am excited to be working with Martha again. I don't know if I have her permission yet to disclose what the book's about so I'll stop there.

I am glad to get two of those projects done. However, I need to give SoS one more read-through before it goes to my readers next weekend, so I'll be doing that next week -- in addition to the interviews for AGOEC, working on GG3 and working on the collab project. Things are still going to be a bit busy and I am excited about moving forward with these books.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:50 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    *LOVE* this post!!! :o)

    I'm super excited about your ghost/haunted/paranoromal books and can't wait until they're all released!!!

     
  • At 11:11 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Thank you, Jenn! :) Your support means a lot. I can't wait for more of YOUR books to come out, too! I know it's taking some time for everything to get published, but I just can't hand over a crappy manuscript to be published or a book that I think could be much better. I want them to be GOOD and am willing to put in the time required to get the books into the best possible shape that I can get them in. Thanks for commenting! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home