Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Saturday, August 17, 2024

The Opportunity to Interview More Writers

With my monthly newsletter, I am able to interview an author who has a book coming out that month. But as more authors have joined my network, more books by authors in that network are released each month.

 

In other words, there’s usually more than one book coming out by an author I know each month. If only I could interview all of them!

 

As an author myself, I know just how helpful forms of publicity for our books can be. Authors do most of the grunt work promoting their books, so any extra promotion would be awesome!

 

And interviews are just one of the ways we can get this promotion.

 

Another way for authors to have their books promoted is through book reviews (I have a book review blog for this purpose), appearing on podcasts, sharing videos on TikTok (I was so glad to discover CapCut to help me create promo videos!) and, of course, signings.

 

But being interviewed somewhere helps a lot. It’s a great way to share about a book and get more people to learn about it.

 

I enjoy interviewing people. I have been conducting interviews for a variety of writing purposes for years. (If you want to read some of my interviews, go here  and scroll down to “Interviews.”) So, with my new horror blog on the Unveiling Nightmares site, I figured it’s a great way to interview authors who I can’t interview for my newsletter! Plus, I can post on this blog as often as I would like, so it means I can interview more authors with new books out.

 

Because this blog is on the site of one of my publishers, I try to stick to promoting books they publish on there.

 

But who knows what could happen in the future? I just might start including interviews with authors of books published by OTHER publishing companies on my writing blog. It could happen!

 

What’s New This Week?

 

On my horror blog, Dawn Lives in Darkness, you can read my interview with debut novelist Destiny Pifer, author of the new horror novel The House That Echoed Madness

 

New Book Reviews

 

On Dawn Reviews Books:

 

“When Going Home Again Means Going Back to Evil: Toxic Maternal is a horrifying story of a mother’s ruthless quest for immortality”


"The Horrors of Childhood: The Children's Horror Has Doomed Adults Reliving Childhood Fears"

 

On Amazon:

 

I recently reviewed Creep This Way: How to Become a Horror Writer With 24 Tips to Get You Ghouling by Rebecca Cuthbert

 

On Reader Views:

 

My review of the horror novel, Black Rose Cocoon by A.G. Flitcher

 

My review of the poetry book, Pieces of Me by Monique Rardin Richardson


Book Update

 

I finished writing my FIRST children’s horror book and submitted it to the publisher.

 

I also finished writing another novella. Both of the books are for Halloween releases!

 

Revision continues on a novelette that is also slated for a Halloween release. It’s one of three novelettes that will be published in one book!

 

I am still gathering stories of true paranormal encounters as well as true ghost stories for a nonfiction book. Interested? Email me details about your story at DMCWriter(at)gmail(dot)com. There is no limit on how many stories you share for this book but it must be TRUE.

 

The writing continues on the Valentine’s Day novel as well as two other novels that don’t have a deadline. (Gasp!) Actually, I’m kinda glad I’m writing novels that don’t have a deadline, like the other books do.

 

 

What’s New at SPARREW?

 

Note: The August issue of the SPARREW Newsletter goes out on the 24th but I will share just one more July link on that day!

 

Check out my interview with author Brian J. Smith here

 


 

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home