Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Book feature for National Poetry Month: Follow That Dream

It’s National Poetry Month and what better way to celebrate this month than by reading some poetry?

To honor this occasion, I’d like to share some information about one of my poetry books, titled Follow That Dream. This book was originally published as the chapbook Take My Hand, but that title went out of print. The poems in this book are basically the same ones in the original, aside from some revising and mild editing.



Most of these poems were written while I was undergoing reconstructive surgery in various hospitals. I had to have these surgeries as a result of the car accident I was in at the age of 20 months, which left me with third degree burns on my entire left arm and left side of the face. These poems are a reflection of that experience, as well as my experiences in those hospitals and some of the people I met while in them. There’s also the usual “teen angst” stuff, fantasy poems, miscellany, as well as Christian-themed poems.

Here is a sample poem from this book:

The Sea

The sea is something beautiful,
All wide and blue.

The sea is someplace you can find
Your heart inside of you.

The sea never means any harm,
It’s always kind and true.

The sea will help you seek some
Special things to do.

The sea will always help you discover
Things bright and new.


The blurb:

“Follow that dream.” Take a few moments to read poems meant to seek refuge from the harsh realities of life, from pain, confusion and loneliness. Allow these poems to take you on a journey of wherever your imagination may lead you. The poems in this book share coming-of-age struggles and the fantasies created in order to offer a temporary escape from the real world.


Buy link


Happy poetry reading!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home