Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Friday, February 08, 2013

Release dates

What a lot of people don’t understand is that, for the most part, a publication schedule for books is never set in stone. As it is, I was supposed to have my haunted cities book published in 2010 – but the contract was canceled. Things have taken longer with other books I previously mentioned had a publication date, for some reason or another, but that’s just the way it is.

All the same, everybody involved in book publishing DOES try to schedule the release date for a book. We all do hope to get everything done and taken care of by a certain date. This is especially true if the book in question is timely or ties into a special event.

That said, one of my publishers recently put together a schedule of when she’ll be releasing new books this year. I am thrilled to announce that I have two books on this list.

One of these books is a children’s book about upcycling. I got the idea for this story when I was writing craft articles and I was doing projects with the kids. I thought, With a little imagination, a kid sure could have a lot of fun with these upcycled projects. I also decided to include a very simplified explanation in the story of how upcycling was different from recycling. I did not see many books for kids on upcycling on the market, so I thought maybe this book had a chance of attracting young readers who want to give such a thing a try. My publisher, GMTA Publishing, will be publishing this children’s story on September 17th. Hooray! It is the first book illustrated by my daughter, Jennifer Wilson.

The other one of my books which GMTA will publish this year is my poetry book, Wandering Soul. It is dedicated to the memory of my grandmothers and my mother, since a lot of the poems were inspired by them. This book will see print on October 8th. I am so excited about the pending release of this poetry book!

Many thanks to Kitty Bullard of GMTA Publishing for accepting these books for publication. I am very excited about them and can’t wait until they come out!

Even if they end up coming out on a date completely different than the one originally planned.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home