Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Thank God It's (Not) Friday!

Yesterday, I kept telling myself something: "It's only Tuesday." I kept telling myself that, because I kept thinking it was later in the week. More like Thursday or Friday. And I was looking at the things on my Writing To Do list for this week, and thinking, 'Eek! I have to get ALL of this stuff done!'

Maybe that turned out to be a good thing, though. Because I DID end up getting everything for the day done. I was REALLY in the zone yesterday and working on one of my books (which, by the way, is now 220 pages!).

I tried to squeeze in a phone interview which I have to do for one of my books, but that just didn't happen. As productive as I was yesterday, I couldn't do the phone interview I had assigned to Monday's tasks, because in addition to being busy with the writing, I was busy with the kids and housework. (I get up from my seat a lot for some....THING or another.) But I'll get that interview in. Sometime this week, for sure. Even if I have to do it on Sunday. (This is pretty much one of the reasons why e-interviews work best for me. It's just really more convenient. When I do a phone interview, I HAVE to sit at the desk and keep my attention on the screen, because I use Internet relay. So I could miss something the person said. Or the operator will get mad if I take too long to respond and disconnect the call, then I can't save anything. No TTY yet.)

I had every intention of making this blog post yesterday, but that was not to be. Ditto on Palms to Pines. Still, I did manage to get a lot of writing done yesterday, and I'm happy about that. Now the only thing I need to do is get myself used to the fact that today is Wednesday. Not Thursday. And not Friday. It's not Friday -- YET!

If it HAD been Friday, I would've panicked. I have articles due on that day, and they're not all done yet. (I'm getting there.)

But maybe I want it to be Friday because then I would've had that sense of accomplishment of getting more writing work done this week. And not so much because I wish it WAS all done this week. (Though a girl can definitely dream. Haha)

I was chatting with my editor yesterday, while in the mist of all the writing busyness. She told me she lost track of what part of the day it was, because she was working so much. I told her, "You have a time confusion and I have a day confusion!"

But so far, I have managed to stick to the schedule according to what day it was. Have to wonder, though, what day I'll end up thinking it is when Friday does, indeed, finally get here.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM , Blogger Jamie D. said...

    Well congrats on the extra words, even in the midst of the busy-ness! Sometimes just getting a few words down is the hardest thing to do...

    Maybe on Friday you'll be pleasantly surprised that it's not Monday...yet. :-)

     
  • At 10:37 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    LOL! So true. Thanks, Jamie. :)

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have month confusion, in my checkbook for some reason I started writing 11/26 a couple of days ago instead of 4/26 and today I noticed it was nearly the end of November!!! Ha ha ha ha ha

     
  • At 9:28 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 6:17 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    LOL! Oh, no, Nancy. Maybe I shouldn't have sent you my book. Now you'll always have November on the brain! Myself, I can wait for November...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home