Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Monday, March 30, 2009

Could you pitch your book in 3 sentences?

The Knight Agency is holding a contest! The "Book in a Nutshell Competition" challenges writers to pitch their book in only three sentences.

Yep, you read that right. Anyone who's game has just THREE SENTENCES (150 words max.) to pitch their manuscript to an agent.

From the blog: "Twenty of the best submissions will be chosen and requested by various agents who will then give feedback on your work...and it may even lead to possible representation."

Details:

Enter TKA's Book In a Nutshell Competition!

I have received a rejection from TKA for one of my novels in the past. Reading the comments, I gather I'm go for pitching a different manuscript. I have no idea how I could sum up my story in 3 sentences. But this is a fun diversion and of course I'm gonna give it a shot.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    my books are not done, but I will keep this link for future reference. Good luck pitching!

     
  • At 10:27 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Thank you. :) I hope you finish your books soon!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home