Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Book busy day

Today was quite an interesting day for me. Normally, I work in shifts. For example, I'll do the freelancing for an hour, work on the Revisions book for an hour, write for an hour, etc. Just one aspect of the writing stuff I do in the span of one hour, one at a time.

But today was different. Instead of working on one book at a time, I was busy taking care of matters related to quite a few titles. I had emails going back and forth with the publisher of my poetry book, as well as both chat and emails going on with another publisher for the haunted houses book. (And emails to my co-author, to that affect.) At the same time, I was working on book promotion stuff for the other book, 365 TIPS FOR WRITERS.

And, great news! Now you can enjoy reading 365 TIPS FOR WRITERS as an E-book! That was part of my promo activities for the book. You can check that out here.

Today was the last day I ran a series of book excerpts for the Tips book. I just wanted to share the first seven of them, which I did on my MySpace blog. I let my publisher know about this. She surprised me by putting the next 7 tips into her newsletter! How cool is that?? You can read the newsletter here. She totally rocks for pushing the Tips book so much in that newsletter.

I also spent time working on the Revisions book today. We're almost at 100,000 words! Gah!

And, finally, I got the go-ahead to submit my children's book to the poetry book publisher. Huzzah! I plan to do that after I finish and send off the Revisions book. So far, I have three books guaranteed publication this year. I'm almost afraid to ask if that's the final count.

And while on the subject of books, I am looking for a NEW (2010) E- or print book to review for my book review blog! I have decided that the first book I review this year will be a brand new one. I have a title in mind but will need to double-check the publication date for it first.

In all, it's been a busy and interesting day. I have learned two things: #1, if I ever have to jump through emails to discuss different books, I can do it. And #2: I write too many books. Hey, that's not so bad, is it?

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

  • At 2:05 AM , Blogger Joleene Naylor said...

    And people wonder how *I* keep things straight - YOU are a modern marvel in that respect, LOL!

     
  • At 5:10 AM , Blogger Lillie Ammann said...

    Wow, Dawn, you have a lot going on. I didn't know you have a review blog. I clicked over and subscribed.

     
  • At 6:21 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Joleene, thanks for commenting. We writers MAY have our butts in the chair a lot, but it's not for a lack of things to do! LOL Our brains and our hands are hard at work. But I don't like being in the chair so much. *whines, pouts*

    Lillie, thank you for stopping by to comment. Yes, it is a lot, but I knew that this year was going to be muy busy, which is why I devoted most of last year to writing and preparing for all of this. I'll still write this year, of course, but mostly promote and get stuff out there. And thanks so much for checking out my book review blog! Yay! I will have a new review on there soon.

     
  • At 1:25 PM , Blogger Angie said...

    I write too many books. Hey, that's not so bad, is it?

    Hey, so long as you're handling everything and you're not stressed out about it, IMO that's not bad at all. :D

    Angie

     
  • At 1:57 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Hi, Angie,

    Thank you. :) That's a VERY good point! Take care.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home