Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Friday, January 01, 2010

Writing resolutions for 2010

For my 2010 writing resolutions, I decided to divide them into three categories: Creative, fun, and financial. The financial resolutions are the ones meant to bring in extra income, while the creative and fun resolutions are for creating and improving material.

Here are my financial writing-related goals:

*Get the editing business off the ground.

*Ghostwrite a book.

*Break in at the glossies.

Creative:

*Write a new book.

*Finish an incomplete manuscript.

*Sign with an agent for the novels.

Fun:

*Finish the script.

*Edit existing manuscript.

*Get a song produced.

The ghostwriting thing is something I have hoped to do for some time. That ALMOST became a reality last year, but after analyzing the work desired and stating my fee (3K), it didn't happen. So I hope that it will happen this year.

The song is also another long-term hope of mine. I've come close when some of my songs were made into demos, and a band I knew said they liked my song and might use it (but they never did), so it, too, was shot down. I know I'll never be able to hear my own song playing, but I like the idea of having a song I wrote out there.

And as for the agent thing? I put off my agent search for my novels when I got buried working on my nonfiction books. I'm STILL working on a nonfiction book, which I plan to have ready by March. But I'll get back to that agent hunt soon and hopefully that will be a goal I can scratch off my list sometime in the new year.

Yay for new writing goals!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 9:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Good luck Dawn! My writing goal is to just finish the Anti Ashley series. Thats all!

     
  • At 9:50 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Thank you. :) Good luck to you, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home