Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Monday, January 19, 2009

The 6-word story challenge

On a friend's blog, I came across this link: The Hemingway Challenge Reading some of those stories really do tickle the imagination! And not just as a story, but it gives me ideas for stories to write, too. Stories independent of those 6 words.

I have debated taking a word-count story challenge for some time. There's the 100-word story challenge and the 50-word story challenge. But this was the first I've learned of a 6-word story challenge.

It's a challenge I decided to take on. Here is my 6-word story:

Dear God: Mission aborted. Returning home.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:03 PM , Blogger colbymarshall said...

    Wow- 6 word story- that's hard!
    I was planning to attempt it, then couldn't think of anything!

     
  • At 11:11 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    You know something, Colby, for a minute there, you had me hanging on every word! And counting them, too. LOL :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home