Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Sunday, August 17, 2014

New book, old interest

I recently created a new board on Pinterest about anything related to prayer. Certain people who have followed me on Pinterest for some time may wonder about my sudden interest in the subject of prayer, but the truth is, I have been interested in this subject for quite some time. In fact, I have experiences related to prayer that are going to be in this book. A book idea may usually spring out of an interest in something, but for me, I have to spend time with the subject before I actually write or attempt to publish the book.

But it really begins with my interest in the subject. Later on, I might have experience with this subject that could go in to the book. Or I may just have a lifelong interest in something – say, like baseball – but never write a book on that subject.

I have a variety of interests and I’m curious about a lot of things. Not all of the things I am curious about are evident on my Pinterest board, and I don’t exactly go around telling everybody I meet about all the things I’m interested in. Those things will show in their own time. But when they do come out, it’s not like I am all of a sudden interested in this topic or all of a sudden want to explore some form of storytelling or another. I need to get my hands dirty first, and that’s what I usually do. I spend some time with this subject; checking it out, researching it and experiencing it. Then I’ll write about it.

So, yes, right now I am gearing up to write the praying book. I am spending the rest of this year finishing my research on this subject, and that includes pinning things on Pinterest that are related to prayer. But this focus with my nonfiction writing is not anything new. I just finally got around to putting more of a focus on it and bringing it out into the spotlight.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home