Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Friday, June 01, 2012

Goals for June

I am a big believer in setting goals. Since this is now June, a brand new month filled with possibilities, I think it’s time to review what kind of writing goals I have for this month. I actually have a few.

The BIG goal for June is to finish the haunted cities book. I would really like to complete work on this book and submit it by month’s end. However, I still need to put together the chapters for San Antonio, TX and New Orleans, LA. I will NOT submit the manuscript until I have those two chapters in the manuscript. So, if that doesn’t happen this month, then I will put submission on hold until either next month or whatever month I get those chapters done. 


When not busy with this book, then of course I will be working on other book projects. I’ll be spending the summer working on a nonfiction book with Martha Jette, as well as revising the first book in The GHOST Group series. This is a book that has a 2012 submission planned for it ... though I can’t say what month, exactly.

Also, if I do not submit the haunted cities manuscript this month, I will submit a different manuscript slated for a later submission. Hard to believe I have so many manuscripts to get out the door, but it is what it is.

And when not working on the books? I have been writing quite a bit of poetry lately (especially since I started writing in a new notebook! And getting inspired with ideas for poems from left to right) so I’ll keep up with that. I would like to submit poems, but it’s hard to find the right markets for them. But, yes, that is another goal for June: To submit at least five poetry submissions each week. (Given that this is summer vacation and the kids will be home, I’m not going to push myself to submit more than five!) But I know I cannot expect this to happen EVERY week all summer. We have some travel plans for the summer (can't say when or where), and since we don't have a laptop and I can't access the Internet on my phone, I will be offline during those times.

So, those are my 3 writing goals for June. I hope that, by July, I will have made progress with the books I am working on and that my poetry submissions will have resulted in some acceptances.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM , Blogger Frank Baron said...

    Good luck achieving your goals. :)

     
  • At 11:35 PM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Thank you, Frank. :) I have been sick since the beginning of June, but I hope I will get better soon so that I can get back to trying to make that stuff happen!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home