Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Monday, March 29, 2010

Two things

First thing: The fundraiser I mentioned in my last blog post won't take place in April. It is in May.

Second thing: I am not going to be able to finish the Revisions book in time to submit it before this month is out. I have been madly working on it (and not doing much of anything else) and I just realized last night that it still needs so much more material. So I'm going to work on getting that material together. I need more interviews, more revision success stories and more "end-of-the-chapter" features. So hopefully I can get all of that together soon. At least the March deadline was a self-imposed deadline, and not one my publisher set. I feel bad, but I would rather submit a manuscript that is COMPLETE and one that I am proud of rather than one that is not complete.

I will continue to work on getting it ready every day. I just can't keep devoting as much time to that as I'd like to. My schedule has to change (again!) so my time to write is once again compromised. I will work on it where possible, though.

I still will NOT put my toddler into daycare just so I can work on my book, though.

Anyway, that's the news for now.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home