Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Saturday, February 20, 2010

My new poetry book!

New Poetry Book Shares the Power of Love


In a world full of disasters, danger and hopelessness, sometimes we need a little reminder of the good things that still exist. Family. Friendship. Courage. And love.

Especially love.

Love is the medicine to cure a broken heart, to make the world brand new again and to make life more meaningful than before. It is love that springs us into action, that drives us to be the best we can be and strive to make the world a better place to live.

These are the messages in a new poetry collection, Love is Like a Rainbow: Poems of Love and Devotion, by Dawn Colclasure. The poems remind us of just how much power love can have in our lives, that all is not lost, and just how strong a bond exists between two people. With poems ranging from the romantic to the fanciful, Love is Like A Rainbow will renew that enduring power of love and show just how strong and resilient it can be.

“I wanted to put together a love poems book that emphasized the positive and inspirational sides of love,” the author says. “Many of the poems were inspired by relationships, while others emphasize the strong loving bond we have with someone who has passed on or who is in need of our constant care.”

You can check out this book at the following link, where you will find an excerpt:

http://www.gypsyshadow.com/DawnColclasure.html

Love is Like a Rainbow: Poems of Love and Devotion is currently available as an E-book. Stay tuned for news of the print release!

For more information, contact the author at DMCWriter@gmail.com or visit her Web site at http://dmcwriter.tripod.com/

BONUS EXCERPT FROM Love is Like a Rainbow:


One

One is not a lonely number.
It is to one I belong.
Only one I have yearned for
For so very, very long.

Only one I will touch
With hands that give deep love.
Only one I save myself for.
Only one I think of.

It is with only one, and not any more than one,
I want to share myself with.
To say a human cannot love only one
Is some misguided myth.

It is with only one I want to be joined.
Only one the two of us shall be.
One is never a lonely number
There is only one for me.


Poem copyright 2010 by Dawn Colclasure. Excerpted from Love is Like a Rainbow: Poems of Love and Devotion. Published by Gypsy Shadow Publishing. All rights reserved.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 9:26 PM , Blogger Lillie Ammann said...

    Congratulations, Dawn! I wish lots of success with this new book.

     
  • At 6:47 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Hi, Lillie. Thank you so much. :) I hope readers enjoy this book.

     
  • At 10:03 PM , Anonymous sewa mobil said...

    Nice information, this really useful for me. There is nothing to argue about.
    Keep posting stuff like this i really like it. Thx.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home