Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Planning for 2014

In less than a month and a half, the year will be over. While I have been spending these last weeks wrapping up loose ends and finishing projects, I have also been planning ahead.

Next year is going to be a little bit different. For one thing, there will be two poetry books from me instead of one. Jennifer and I will still do our annual poetry book together, but as far as my own poetry books, there will be two instead of one. This is because I have two of them ready to go and feel there’s “no time like the present” to get them out there. I will be spending next year finishing up two other poetry books.

Also next year, there will be two nonfiction books released instead of one, like before. I am very excited about the pending release of these books. It will certainly be nice to finally see them turned into actual books.

Another “two” from me next year are two children’s books. One of them is already written and my daughter will create illustrations for it next month. The other will be written very soon and is slated for a July publication.

And guess what? There is a third “two” item for this list! The 3rd and 4th stories in The GHOST Group series will be published next year. Yay! I can’t wait to see them come out. The third story in this series, The Ghost of the Irish Setter, was actually based on true events.

Another thing on the agenda for next year is a new ghost book by Martha Jette and myself. Martha agreed to co-write this book with me and I’m very excited at the prospect of working with her again on another ghost book. We’ll be spending time next year writing the book and putting it together; no idea on when it will be done or published. This book is based on a personal ghostly experience I had many years ago and I have come across other stories of this happening, so I really feel there is a book there.

I will be working on some works-in-progress next year and finishing those books up, as well.

And, finally, there won’t be another novel from me next year. I’m thrilled that Shadow of Samhain came out, but I really need to take some time to improve my craft in writing fiction. Sadly, writing novels is not my strong suit, even though I’ve written a few novel manuscripts and love writing novels. But I really want to take some time with my next novel and get it into perfect shape! I don’t think that will mean a new novel next year, and I’m totally fine with that. I am happy with the books I’ll have in progress and coming out in the new year.

As to other things, my daughter will have her novel out next year. It’ll be published in the Spring. I’m also going to be working with a few other writers to help them get their books published. I’m very excited about my publishing ventures planned for next year and can’t wait to get all these books out on the market. The year 2014 is going to be very busy with quite a few changes, but I'm excited by the things I have planned for the year so far.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home