Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Gratitude

"It's October. Have you accomplished your goals for the year yet?"

This was a question posed in the recent issue of a newsletter I am subscribed to. As I reflected on the goals I have accomplished so far this year, I was taken aback just thinking about the unexpected accomplishments I have made this year. I have returned to writing for SIGNews -- and that has been going very well. I have published a new poetry book -- with another on the way this month. In fact, there are still two other books scheduled for publication this month. Maybe even three, if the illustrations for that one get done and go through the layouts, etc.

But, still. Four books this year, for sure.

I have finally sold an article to WritersWeekly, a market I wanted to break into for years. In fact, I sold two.

I sold an article to a magazine for writers -- yet another long-term goal finally accomplished.

I sold an article to both FundsForWriters and WritingKid, both published by C. Hope Clark.

I sold an article to The Dabbling Mum, yet another long-hoped-for sale.

I once again became a book reviewer for a reputable site. Alas, they are nonpaying, but their book reviews hold a lot of importance among many in the writing community, so that still makes it worthwhile. Plus, there are free books and E-books to be had from it.

And I have had short stories published in more than one anthology, too. And I got an agent.

All of this has happened in less than one year. All of it, during THIS VERY YEAR!

I am overwhelmed. When I thought on that, and added it all up, I was just so shocked and amazed.

I couldn't believe it.

Wow.

But it was not just shock I felt when realizing everything I have accomplished this year. It was also gratitude. An enormous and overwhelming sense of gratitude.

I don't know who to thank for all my luck this year. I thank God, I thank Jesus, I thank the Blessed Virgin, I thank the angels, Fate, the Universe. I thank all the editors who said "yes" to me and took a chance with me. Instead of saying "no."

I have never had a year such as this, in all of my writing career. I have never, ever, ever accomplished so much during the course of one year. It is just so mind-blowing. And such a wonderful feeling, too. WOW!

Even as I celebrate such an amazing year, knowing full well it is not over yet, I also take a few moments and express my deepest gratitude for all the wonderful things that have happened this year. So far.

Thank you. To whomever I must say thanks to. From the bottom of my heart and deep within my soul, thank you.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 11:35 PM , Blogger Lillie Ammann said...

    Congratulations, Dawn! You're having quite a year.

     
  • At 1:09 AM , Blogger Joleene Naylor said...

    Wow! You are having quite a year! Way to go and congrats on your accomplishments :-)

     
  • At 5:43 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Thank you, Lillie and Joleene. I feel so blessed for these good things that have happened for my writing this year. :)

     
  • At 11:52 PM , Blogger Angie said...

    Congrats, hon! :D Sounds like you're doing really well!

    Angie

     
  • At 7:50 AM , Blogger Dawn Wilson said...

    Thanks, Angie. :) I'm pleasantly surprised this year has gone so well. And yet, I keep telling myself that it's not over yet! I am charging onward and we will see what else I can accomplish during the remainder of the year.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home