Dawn Colclasure's Blog

Author and poet Dawn Colclasure

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Debut Post

Here's my very first post at my new blog! Whoo-hoo!

In truth, I should be WORKING, not setting up a blog. Or reading online articles. Or keeping one eye on the rest of the house to make sure not a single thing falls onto this freshly-cleaned carpet. (And then what? I'll jump up to pick it up, justifying NOT writing with this task??) But I think it'd be a good idea to get this blog search done and over with so I can approach it again on Friday with my usual bantering.

I've been trying to find a new blog and also trying to remember the name of a blog service that came highly recommended by another WAHM. Then I see that my publisher at Filbert had a blog here and I noticed the URL. I remembered reading some positive things about Blogspot so, of course, I signed up. Here's hoping it works out.

Not that it's a matter of life or death that I have a blog but I think it's been more therapeutic to me than anything else. I just can't get myself to write in a "diary" anymore and I don't think there's anything wrong with having an online journal. Heck, it's only weekly, which works for me since I'm not even a day-to-day journal writer. It helps me to unload all of the thoughts, ideas and ramblings filling up in my head each week and it also gives me a good chance to write about my weekly "writing life" experiences. Heh, my own column.

As for goings-on, my new book is out!! BURNING THE MIDNIGHT OIL: How We Survive as Writing Parents now has a sales page at Booklocker!! Yay!! Of course I'm thrilled about it, even though there are exactly THREE errors in this book (incorrect word in the Introduction that does not match the back cover blurb, a typo in the Acknowledgments and a broken sentence in one of the appendices). One of the writers said something like, "Only YOU would notice that." I wonder if he's right. ... I'm doubting it, but we will see. Hopefully I will be able to get this fixed before I get ostracized from the reading community. In the meantime, I owe it to myself to promote the heck out of this book! Errors and all! It's STILL a good book; everything else is fine. I am only hoping that will be enough to get by on for now.

Anyway, back to promoting. See ya Friday!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:03 PM , Blogger Richard said...

    First step. It's so hard. Do. Or not. But, when it done, than everything will follow.


    God bless you.
    Richard
    https://writeforbenefits.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home